Augmentin suspension, Amoxicillin 642.9 mg/5 ml, 100 ml
AUGMENTIN suspension, 642.9 mg, 100 ml. Powder for oral suspension.
Antibiotic of a broad-spectrum penicillin group with a beta-lactamase inhibitor.
- Additional information
- Doses and Uses
- Shipping & Payment
- Reviews (0)
Buy online AUGMENTIN suspension, 642.9 mg/5 ml, 100 ml. Powder for oral suspension.
Active ingredients: AMOXICILIN, 600 mg/5 ml + CLAVULANIC ACID 42.9 mg/5 ml.
Inactive ingredients: gum xanthan – 3 mg, aspartame – 12.5 mg, silicon dioxide colloid – 35 mg, carmellose sodium – 30 mg, strawberry flavor – 26 mg, silicon dioxide 4 – up to 1009.96 mg.
Amoxicillin is an analog of ampicillin, derived from the basic penicillin nucleus, 6-aminopenicillanic acid Clavulanic acid is produced by the fermentation of Streptomyces clavuligerus. It is a beta-lactam structurally related to the penicillins and possesses the ability to inactivate some beta-lactamases by blocking the active sites of these enzymes. Lower Respiratory Tract Infections – caused by beta-lactamase-producing isolates of Haemophilus influenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis. Acute Bacterial Otitis Media – caused by beta-lactamase-producing isolates of H. influenzae and M. catarrhalis. Sinusitis – caused by beta-lactamase-producing isolates of H. influenzae and M. catarrhalis. Skin and Skin Structure Infections – caused by beta-lactamase-producing isolates of Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Klebsiella species. Urinary Tract Infections – caused by beta-lactamase-producing isolates of E. coli, Klebsiella species, and Enterobacter species.
PHARMACOLOGIC EFFECT. Mechanism of action:
1. Amoxicillin is a semisynthetic broad-spectrum antibiotic with activity against many Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms. At the same time, amoxicillin is prone to destruction by β-lactamases, and therefore the spectrum of amoxicillin activity does not extend to microorganisms that produce this enzyme.
2. Clavulanic acid, an inhibitor of β-lactamases structurally related to penicillins, has the ability to inactivate a wide range of β-lactamases found in microorganisms resistant to penicillins and cephalosporins. Clavulanic acid has sufficient efficacy against plasmid β-lactamases, which most often cause bacterial resistance, and is less effective for type I chromosomal β-lactamases that are not inhibited by clavulanic acid.
3. The presence of clavulanic acid in the preparation of AUGMENTIN protects amoxicillin from degradation by enzymes – β-lactamases, which allows to expand the antibacterial spectrum of amoxicillin.
The active substances of the drug AUGMENTIN, amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, are rapidly and completely absorbed from the digestive tract after oral administration. Absorption of active substances is optimal in case of taking the drug AUGMENTIN together with food intake.
Treatment of infections caused by sensitive microorganisms:
- ENT organs infection (recurrent or persistent acute otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae (MIC, ≤4 μg / ml), Haemophilus influenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis);
- Tonsillopharyngitis and sinusitis, usually caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis and Streptococcus pyogenes;
- Lower respiratory tract infections (lobar pneumonia and bronchopneumonia) caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis;
- skin and soft tissue infections, usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis — 45/6.4mg/kg/day;
- Animal bites — 25/3.6mg/kg/day
- Bronchopneumonia — 45/6.4mg/kg/day
- Cellulitis — 25/3.6mg/kg/day
- Cystitis — 25/3.6mg/kg/day
- Dental abscess — 25/3.6mg/kg/day
- Otitis media — 25/3.6mg/kg/day
- Pyelonephritis — 45/6.4mg/kg/day
- Recurrent tonsillitis — 25/3.6mg/kg/day
- Sinusitis — 25/3.6mg/kg/day
- Urethritis — 25/3.6mg/kg/day
Infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to amoxicillin can be treated with the AUGMENTIN drug, since amoxicillin is one of its active substances.
The AUGMENTIN drug is also indicated for the treatment of mixed infections caused by microorganisms that are sensitive to amoxicillin, as well as microorganisms producing β-lactamase that are sensitive to a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid.
History of Augmentin-associated cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL>
|Forms of release|| |
|Volume / Weight|| |
SmithKline Beecham (United Kingdom) or Glaxo Wellcome Production (France)
|Country/Region of Manufacture|| |
France, United Kingdom
Take with meals. Base dose on amoxicillin component. Due to clavulanic acid component:
two 250mg tabs are not equivalent to one 500mg tab;
also, the 250mg tab and the 250mg chewable tab are not interchangeable;
May use 125mg/5mL or 250mg/5mL susp in place of 500mg tab; or 200mg/5mL or 400mg/5mL susp in place of 875mg tab. Severe infections or respiratory tract infections: 875mg every 12 hrs or 500mg every 8 hrs;
Others: 500mg every 12 hrs or 250mg every 8 hrs. Renal impairment: CrCl<30mL>
|STANDART SHIPPING WORLDWIDE|
|WEIGHT (kg)||COST ($US)||ESTIMATED |
|0 - 0.199||6.50||15 - 21 working days||Available|
|0.200 - 0.250||8.00||15 - 21 working days||Available|
|0.251 - 0.500||14.00||15 - 21 working days||Available|
|0.501 - 1.000||20.00||15 - 21 working days||Available|
|1.000 - 2.000||25.00||15 - 21 working days||Available|
- We accept Visa, MasterCard via AdvCash & Payeer (there are problems with the possibility).
- We accept SEPA, BACS.
- We accept RIA.
- We accept Cryptocurrency.
Depending on the method of payment, additional Fees / VAT are charged.
And also there is a system of bonuses that you can spend on your next purchases.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.